The Thai Network Information Center Foundation believes that IXP capacity building will help promote core competency of human resources which will drive the growth of Internet in their region. BKNIX Fellowship programme aims to provide an opportunity for Network Engineers and Security or Network Officers from Southeast Asia to broaden their IXP network and knowledge by attending the BKNIX Peering Forum and post event workshops. While the fellowship aims to offer financial assistance to both new and experienced individuals, the programme is limited only up to its available resource. The selection by the BKNIX Fellowship Committee will strictly follow a point merit system highlighted in the section below.
Individuals actively involved in Internet development in their own countries in any of the following capacities:
- Network engineering and network design
- Network operations and Network Operation Centre
- Security and network design
- Educators and trainers
- Applicant must come from ISPs, IXPs, and Interconnection Service Providers from one of the least developed countries (LDC) in South East Asia, i.e., Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar.
- Proven record of accomplishment in sharing learnings with colleagues and peers.
- Proven Internet community involvement in a technical or operational capacity.
- Women are especially encouraged to apply.
Fellowship Award Package
Successful fellow will receive the following support:
- A privilege to attend BPF
- Registration fee for one of Post BPF workshop
- Accommodation arrangement at a decent hotel nearby the venue
- A contribution towards airfare and per diem at the amount of US$ 400 per fellow
Term and Conditions
The Contribution towards air travel and per diem will be paid within 3 days after receiving the original receipt and a copy of ticket from the Fellow.
The Fellow will be accommodated in a prepaid single room (inclusive of breakfast). Incidental costs incurred is the responsibility of the Fellow. THNIC Foundation is not accountable for costs incurred by the Fellows; similarly, there will be no cash advances.
Successful Fellows have to accept or decline their fellows upon email request from the BKNIX Fellowship Committee as per Schedule. It is therefore the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that they have provided a working email address, and that they monitor their emails. The deadlines are not negotiable. Any delays or unresponsive candidates by the given deadline will be considered a waiver. The BKNIX Fellowship Committee reserves the right to revoke the fellowship offer with or without reason, a written notice will be given via the provided email.
BKNIX Fellowship is a privilege, therefore, Fellows are encouraged to participate and contribute to the fullest of their capacity during the forum and workshops. Submission of application implies that the applicant understands and agree to accept the terms and conditions laid herewith.